Skip to main content

Wishing Everyone Very Merry Festivities and a Happy Build in the New Year!

Porter Davis is officially closed from Tuesday 23rd December to Monday 5th January. I'm told that Tuesday arvo was PD's Christmas party so suffice to say, very little happened in regards to my build that day. The only change I noticed was that they made sure the whole house was fully locked up, including the garage doors, which they never bother with.

In preparation for handover next year (hopefully early Feb!), I've hit the button on this Sony 60" Full HD TV. Has an RRP of $1599 but as part of the Boxing Day clearance at JB Hifi, they were discounted to $998! I'm sure prices will come down further in a few months but it just so happens that my 10 year old LG 42" Plasma broke down last month so this is good timing. A 60" TV from a name brand for under the magic $1000 mark is a pretty sweet deal so I'm rapt.




A few of other bargains I've scored are

personalised house number plates for $24.99 (originally $49.99)


6 padded wooden bar stools ($189.99 for set of two)




The steam mop was a bit of an impulse buy. I have no idea how good it is or whether it is a good price but seeing I was already buying a few things from Catch of the Day, I figured what the heck. Will provide a review of it once I try it out on the new Bolero floorboards :) 

What did you buy from the Boxing Day sales? 

Update: Oops, turns out steam mops are no good for floorboards! That's what I get for impulse buying. O well, free mop for my friends with tiled floors. :P

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Paint - Wattyl Winter Mushroom

Painting is complete. We've gone for the grey finish to the walls. Here's how the Winter Mushroom looks. Originally we thought of doing white for the architraves and doors but got convinced by the colour consultant to use the same paint all round. Was a bit worried at first but it has come off nicely. 

PCI Checklist

My Practical Completion Inspection is on in about 12 hours time! Here's a comprehensive checklist I've copied from the Homeone forums. 

Cedar Plank Palandri Carpets Laid

Carpets were laid just before Christmas except for the master bedroom which was getting its squeaks fixed .  We picked the Palandri Category 2 carpets in Cedar Plank colour. Nothing too fancy as Category 2 was the included freebie and we didn't want to pay the Porter Davis premium for upgrades. Figured when it's better to let the kids wear out this one and replace it in a few years time at a much cheaper cost per square metre. Here's a roll of carpet. The most excited I've ever been to see a roll of carpet :)