Skip to main content

Façade Choices

These are the façade choices.. so difficult when you need to visualise how it would look with your brick and colour combo...

Retro: This one comes 'free'. Love the full wrap around windows to the upstairs rumpus.

Manhattan: $2400. The rumpus is extended further out over the front porch so there's more internal living space. Wish I could change for the full length of windows like the retro but I've been told windows can't be changed in the façades ...

Chatsworth: $9400. Even though I know I won't use a balcony I do think it makes the house look more 'grand' and improves resale value. Having those big columns adds more shape to the house too.

Stirling: $9900. This is the best looking pic by far. However, I don't think it lends itself well with brick and I am not a big fan of render. Also, the difference between this and the Chatsworth is that the columns / porch area don't look like they are centered. I like the chatsworth porch more because it is just exposing the front door.

Finally this is the Hyde Park. ($12,000). Sadly, it is exclusive to the waldorf so I can't choose it. :(


Final Choice: TBD. Stay tuned! The Chatsworth wins, although we have asked for the arch to be straightened!


Comments

  1. We are thinking of doing the chatsworth too, have you finished building? If so do you have pics of the ending result for your facade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi William, haven't even got my HIA contract yet! :) Will update this post will my facade drawing

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interior Paint - Wattyl Winter Mushroom

Painting is complete. We've gone for the grey finish to the walls. Here's how the Winter Mushroom looks. Originally we thought of doing white for the architraves and doors but got convinced by the colour consultant to use the same paint all round. Was a bit worried at first but it has come off nicely. 

Cedar Plank Palandri Carpets Laid

Carpets were laid just before Christmas except for the master bedroom which was getting its squeaks fixed .  We picked the Palandri Category 2 carpets in Cedar Plank colour. Nothing too fancy as Category 2 was the included freebie and we didn't want to pay the Porter Davis premium for upgrades. Figured when it's better to let the kids wear out this one and replace it in a few years time at a much cheaper cost per square metre. Here's a roll of carpet. The most excited I've ever been to see a roll of carpet :)

PCI Checklist

My Practical Completion Inspection is on in about 12 hours time! Here's a comprehensive checklist I've copied from the Homeone forums.